Let your life speak.indigenous wisdom | consciousness | culture
It’s time to reanalyze who we are as a nation, and perhaps it’s time to discuss the concept of patriotism, in what it has been and what it could be now. We’re amidst a time of great upheaval and division in our country. People are familiar with the idea of patriotism, but there are certainly different opinions.
We have an opportunity, if not a serious need, to develop a very intentional brand of patriotism. In the end, it matters not if you want to call yourself a patriot. Really what we’re discussing here is what it means to be a caring citizen. But as a brand developer, I know it’s easier to create a movement when you use a known term like patriotism. Again, I think we have a profound opportunity in front of us, and we should seize it.
It’s time to resist, to reimagine and to be vessels of light and love. And perhaps that’s what a true patriot should do. I hope you’ll join me on this important journey.
- True patriotism isn’t about loving or hating your government. It’s about holding your government accountable for their actions, ensuring that they uphold a true democracy, and supporting their efforts for peace and unity.
- True patriots work to improve our government, not destroy it.
- True patriots don’t pander to any forms of division. They view everyone as a compatriot.
- They put a tremendous amount of value on the WE in “we the people”.
- Our money says, “in God we trust” on it. There are Christian sayings all throughout our government. Yet, our government’s actions are so out of line with that. I believe part of patriotism is to push our government into alignment with the things they’ve written to keep them in line.
- If we influence the leadership of America towards peace and equality, we will have made a powerful play in creating world peace.
“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.” Edward Abbey
Brand New Congress www.brandnewcongress.org
Combat corruption at the state level and work our way up to the federal level. These guys have a seriously strategic plan. Check out Represent.Us.
INIPI RADIO NEWSLETTER
EPISODES | NEWS | RESOURCES